Wednesday, March 7, 2012

resolution update



We are three months into the new year and I set some fairly (at least for me) rigorous resolutions for 2012.  The resolutions were kicked into high gear when received news of a transfer to Hawaii.  Let me just say that being on a budget has been incredibly difficult that at times I thought I might need to be put in restraints.  Luckily Spokane doesn't have the best shopping selection and I haven't been traveling for work so my pocket book has been relatively safe.

*My biggest and most intimidating resolution is to pay off our debts.  I am beyond thrilled to report that we have 1) paid off the car and I have the title in hand; 2) paid off one credit; 3) paid off our Nordstroms card; 4) and are working on your second credit card now.  Our current goal is to have it paid off by May 1.  It is honestly the biggest relief but has been incredibly difficult being on such a tight, tight budget.

*The gym.  Oh the gym.  I have not kept my five day a week schedule down.  Right now I am averaging three days a week, four on a spectacular week.  I am a little disappointed in myself because I have lost a lot of the progress I initially made.  I really need to get back into going in the mornings before I have 500 million excuses of why something else, like Starbucks, is far more important than the gym.

*Etsy shop.  I did get my shop up and running.  I haven't done much with it since then.  I need to get back into and add all the new designs that are sitting in my dinning room (also known as my workroom).  I am working on so many different projects right now, plus the move that I don't seem to be able to dedicate 100% of myself to anything which has been extremely frustrating.  I need to learn better time management skills and/or how to prioritize my days so I get something done instead of 1/3 of everything on my list!

*I have been playing with my DSLR quite a bit and my husband installed Photoshop for me.  The weather has been so gloomy and cold here that I have been mostly shooting the dogs and cats around the house.  As spring arrives I plan to get outside more and shoot places and scenery around me.  I definitely have a lot to learn still but am happy with my progress thus far.

That is resolution update in a nutshell.  I can honestly say that this is the first year I have stuck with one goal for more than 24 hours.   Yay for me!!  How are your New Year's resolutions going?

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment